Construction TechnologyRequest Info
Construction skills are in high demand as our global infrastructure continues to rapidly expand. Amatrol’s Construction Technology Program provides schools with the tools needed to effectively prepare students to enter exciting careers like project manager, civil engineer, construction professional, mechanical engineer, and construction inspector.
Amatrol’s Construction Technology Program includes a wide range of teaching tools: extensive curriculum in both print-based and CDROM formats, industry-quality hands-on training equipment, teacher guides, computerized classroom assessment system, installation, on-going service and support, and teacher training.
Amatrol’s Construction Technology Program is unique because it offers:
Real World Equipment
Amatrol’s quality makes students feel like they are actually training on the job. Our construction technology program features heavy-duty, industry-standard components and a far greater range of component types. Students are better prepared for the entire scope of the technologies they will encounter either in civil engineering or in construction careers.
The Amatrol curriculum uses a task-based design where theory and hands-on learning activities are structured around industry-relevant tasks.
Individualized and Group Learning Formats
The Construction Technology Program’s Learning Activity Packet (LAP) design gives instructors the flexibility to teach students using either a self-directed or traditional lecture-lab format. All theory and hands-on instructional materials needed for teaching both formats are included in each LAP.
Multimedia and Printed Curriculum Formats
The Construction Technology Program is available with an optional multimedia curriculum in addition to printed curriculum to further support individualized and distance learning applications. The multimedia versions have the same content as the printed versions plus they include extensive video, 3D simulations, and interactive activities.
Certification of Skills
Amatrol’s program includes an authentic assessment process that allows teachers to certify student skills through live performance. Amatrol’s SkillACE software makes documentation of this process an easy task for teachers with a barcode data collection system and powerful reporting tools.
Amatrol Construction Program Contents
- Learning Systems – These systems include hands-on stations with real world quality software and equipment to provide learning in construction technology topics.
- Printed Curriculum – Each learning system includes a printed curriculum in an individualized, layered, task-based format.
- Interactive Multimedia Curriculum – Various learning systems are available with an optional interactive multimedia version of the printed curriculum to enhance student learning and motivation.
- Electronic Assessment System – The optional Amatrol SkillACE software automatically collects student assessment results and organizes them in useful reporting formats.
- Teacher Training Services – Amatrol provides tuition-free teacher training for initial and on-going professional development of teachers involved in the Amatrol program.
- Service and Support Services – Amatrol offers superior service and support, including free hot-line support and knowledgeable local service technicians.